so glad it’s friday! the weather has been super cloudy everyday, so i’m really hoping it warms up for the long weekend. we’re maybe gonna see mad max (only because no one will shut up about it) and i think we’re also going to disneyland! hope you guys have a great one.
⋅ if you watch silicon valley, you’ll wanna read this.
⋅ is this not just mind blowingly cute?
⋅ and same goes for these.
⋅ these are chairs i will most likely pine over for life.
⋅ you know i love me some DIY games.
⋅ such a cute simple DIY that won’t even get your hands dirty!
⋅ really wanting to buy myself one of these.
PHOTO TAKEN AT HEATH CERAMICS
it’s been a long while since i’ve done any home stuff, but now that we’ve been married a tiny bit, we are wanting a house real bad. before the new house though, i got us a new dining table with all the gift cards we registered for (!!). unfortunately, our wishbone chairs are really short with the table, and now i’m thinking we need to sell our wishbones and replace with some taller chairs.
but i’m super indecisive, so help me and tell me which ones would look the best?!
01. kind of obsessed with these, BUT someday i kinda want a brown leather couch, and that sounds like a lot of brown leather.
02. black shaker chairs are totally in right now. and i love jumping on trends.
03. these might be just as short as our current chairs, but i love them. and i’m currently too lazy to measure.
04. the white + wood could look real good? understood?
05. we had these at our wedding, so they’d be a nostalgia chair for us. but they could also work outside someday.
06. lastly, my dad has four of these. i’ve claimed them as my own and been considering paying to have them shipped from boston for a few years, should i just do that?! (it’ll prob end up costing the same as a new set)
help! what’s your favorite?
super excited to share todays DIY with you guys — i actually had planned on making something completely different last week, but i couldn’t find the supplies in my mess. instead i found this hoop i had bought months ago and never had done anything with it – and decided to whip this up. i’m kind of obsessed with looking at it.
this year we made one of the best decisions of our lives — to hire a cleaning lady. she comes every other week, and while it’s an expense we didn’t have before, i seriously don’t know how we survived in the apartment before. the toilets are clean. there’s much less fur everywhere. the stove isn’t covered in gunk. it’s amazing. but she isn’t a miracle worker — so the apartment is still cluttered to shit. now that it’s spring, we’re all kind of thinking about how we could be more organized, right? here are six DIYs to make you feel just a tad bit cleaner.
01. this diy dustpan looks like something i’d try to spend $60 on gid would say no.
02. we use laundry bags, but they are NEVER organized by lights and darks.
03. prettying up our shampoo bottles was one of the most visually satisfying things ever.
04. everyone needs an easy place to corral their mail + crap.
05. and speaking of corralling, there is nothing better than a bunch of cute bowls for that,
06. but nothing makes me feel more organized than making lists (even if i don’t accomplish all the things on said list)
happy monday! did everyone have a good weekend? guess. what. this might be my fave mixtape i’ve ever made you guys. ok maybe that’s just because i always like the newest one. but i hope you guys love it too! enjoy.
happy friday! happy weekend! tonight i’m seeing pitch perfect 2 (!!!) and tomorrow we’re heading to santa barbara to see my new baby niece (!!!!). hope you guys have a good one!
⋅ well now i need to go to milan.
⋅ and also i want to make this
⋅ i remember being young and single was kind of awesome
⋅ i’m a champion at heart. what are you?
⋅ ok i am always so scared of messing up with cheesecake
⋅ omg this is a cuuuuute font.
⋅ love the relaxed boho vibe of this place
⋅ tropical normcore = my favorite
for my last of the spring party DIY posts, i wanted to share the focal point of the party with you guys! originally, we talked about doing a big flower wall, which has obviously been done before. BUT THEN… a miracle happened. we decided on with leaves instead.
remember how i said we made a ton of raw edged linen napkins for our wedding? well it’s been super nice to have 50 laying around my apartment (and my moms house, she uses them for almost every dinner party now) – so i decided to stamp some for the spring lunch!