diy marble tray

January 6, 2014

diy

diy marble tray

my first diy of 2014 and BOY IS IT AN EASY ONE! i seem like certain things a lot. triangles. gems. leather. wood. and marble. so even though i already made my brother get me a marble pastry slab for my birthday, i decided i could use more marble (until i get my marble kitchen countertops someday).

diy marble tray materials

materials
the largest size marble tile you can find at the hardware store (mine were about 8×10)
drawer or cabinet pulls of your choice *
felt sticky pads
industrial strength glue (the strongest stuff you can find)
a ruler and pencil for measuring the distance

* i had a hard time finding cheap brass hardware, so i bought some silver ones and rub n’ buffed them. to save yourself the trouble, just order some brass ones online if you want brass. WHY HAVEN’T THE HARDWARE STORES STARTING STOCKING ANY YET?!

diy  marble tray diy marble serving tray

directions

step one . stick four felt pads on each corner on the bottom of your marble

step two . using a ruler, figure out exactly where you want your handles and lightly trace around with a pencil.

step three . glue those babies on, if any glue leaks through like mine clearly did, scrape it off as much as you can with a thin tool (i used a kabob stick)

step four . LET DRY FOR A LOOOOOONG TIME. i waited two days.

diy marble tray by almost makes perfect

you can use this thing of beauty anywhere. i first tried it in the bathroom!

diy marble tray

then i tried it on the coffee table!

diy marble tray by almost makes perfect

then i covered it in stuff i ate!

diy  marble tray

i never tried it because i got tired of walking, BUT it could also look really cute on your desk with your pens and paper clips.

now i do recommend you be careful, because this is not for HEAVY DUTY walking around everywhere with it use. just be gentle and i think the tray will hold up just fine!

45 comments on “diy marble tray

1. Andrea

girl! I have thought the same thing about brass! It’s been back for a few years now, right? why can’t i find it in any stores???
    I absolutely love this. I am always looking for new trays at vintage stores for my tables/dressers/bars. I am going to go make one!!!

2. Pingback: 7 Awesome DIY’s for the Home to Kick Off the Year! | Art Design Patterns

3. Pingback: a few favorites

4. Catie

So amazing! I’ve been looking for the perfect bathroom tray forever! What did you use for the faux bronze finish?

5. Pingback: 8 Awesome DIY Brass Pieces - Decorating Ideas | DI1

6. Pingback: ebb & flow :: fabulous finds & divine designs » Weekend Wrap Up 1.12

7. Pingback: Shelterblack | Design Blog » diy | the marble slab

8. Pingback: Weekend DIY Inspiration | Patina Vie

9. Judy

What a wonderful idea! Love it! I’ve been wondering how best to spruce up a boring looking table top for whiskey bottles and such, or even a simple table top plate for salt & pepper… this is IT! Now if only I could find marble slabs like this…

10. Pingback: DIY // Ten genius things to make from copper

11. Pingback: Top 10 Niffty DIY Serving Trays

12. Pingback: a few favorites | Wp Theme

13. Pingback: DIY Home Decor | Observant Nomad

14. Pingback: Gravé dans le marbre {ambiance et diy} | PLUMETIS, le blog

15. bearded dragon food bowl

Hi there just wanted to give you a quick heads up. The words in your content seem to be running off the screen in Firefox.

I’m not sure if this is a format issue or something to do
    with web browser compatibility but I thought I’d post to let you know.

The layout look great though! Hope you get the problem solved soon.
    Kudos

16. Courtney

I love this! What size are your draw pulls? I am ordering online and want it to be perfect.

Thanks!!
    CJF

17. Pingback: DIY’s that are Actually Cool | Munro Shea Designs

18. Pingback: DIY trend: marble | Kittenhood

19. Alex

What a lovely idea! Thanks for sharing this. It’s a really chic way to organize skin care products.

And your blog overall is fantastic. I really enjoy the minimalist and clean style. Great job!

20. Google

What’s up it’s me, I am also visiting this web page daily, this web page is really fastidious and the
    viewers are really sharing fastidious thoughts.

21. Pingback: Anna’s Picks: The 10 Best Copper DIY Projects | Annabode.

22. Amanda

Hi! Beautiful! When you write ‘rub and buff’ the silver hardware, what do you mean? How did you get them that brass color?

23. Pingback: Anna’s Picks: The 10 Best Copper DIY Projects – Annabode.

24. Karina

Hi There! I love this craft so much that I tried it last weekend. Have you had any issues with your handles? I bought the same glue pictured above, and let my handles dry for almost a full week. I just picked up my tray and the handles fell right off! Any advice? Thanks for the great blog!

25. Pingback: 5 DIY’s to Try: October | francois et moi