i really love decorating pumpkins without having to carve them, and i even like carving sometimes. i was hoping i’d do a project for halloween, but with the current moving situation going on — that’s not happening. so instead i rounded up my favorite no-carve DIY projects for you!
ugh — as soon as august 1st hits, i’m like oh there goes the summer. i know we still have a few weeks left, so here are six projects to make before it’s too late. because we all know that’s it’s so not ok to make summery DIYs once autumn hits, right?
01. potato stamped tea towels by say yes
02. diy hammock by the merrythought
03. diy modern cooler by almost makes perfect
04. diy patterned kimonos by sugar & cloth
05. diy modern wind chime by dream green diy
06. palm frond cocktail stirrers by a fabulous fete
it’s been a long while since i’ve done any home stuff, but now that we’ve been married a tiny bit, we are wanting a house real bad. before the new house though, i got us a new dining table with all the gift cards we registered for (!!). unfortunately, our wishbone chairs are really short with the table, and now i’m thinking we need to sell our wishbones and replace with some taller chairs.
but i’m super indecisive, so help me and tell me which ones would look the best?!
01. kind of obsessed with these, BUT someday i kinda want a brown leather couch, and that sounds like a lot of brown leather.
02. black shaker chairs are totally in right now. and i love jumping on trends.
03. these might be just as short as our current chairs, but i love them. and i’m currently too lazy to measure.
04. the white + wood could look real good? understood?
05. we had these at our wedding, so they’d be a nostalgia chair for us. but they could also work outside someday.
06. lastly, my dad has four of these. i’ve claimed them as my own and been considering paying to have them shipped from boston for a few years, should i just do that?! (it’ll prob end up costing the same as a new set)
help! what’s your favorite?
this year we made one of the best decisions of our lives — to hire a cleaning lady. she comes every other week, and while it’s an expense we didn’t have before, i seriously don’t know how we survived in the apartment before. the toilets are clean. there’s much less fur everywhere. the stove isn’t covered in gunk. it’s amazing. but she isn’t a miracle worker — so the apartment is still cluttered to shit. now that it’s spring, we’re all kind of thinking about how we could be more organized, right? here are six DIYs to make you feel just a tad bit cleaner.
01. this diy dustpan looks like something i’d try to spend $60 on gid would say no.
02. we use laundry bags, but they are NEVER organized by lights and darks.
03. prettying up our shampoo bottles was one of the most visually satisfying things ever.
04. everyone needs an easy place to corral their mail + crap.
05. and speaking of corralling, there is nothing better than a bunch of cute bowls for that,
06. but nothing makes me feel more organized than making lists (even if i don’t accomplish all the things on said list)
you know that totally blissful feeling when you have a clean + sparkly new phone? before you’ve dropped it or scratched it and you feel on top of the world? i feel like that right now. i switched providers and got a new iphone 6 and i just am obsessed. so naturally… GIMME ALL THE PRETTY IPHONE CASES.
ONE / TWO / THREE / FOUR / FIVE / SIX
i am not huge into easter for two reasons.
one : i am jewish. that’s the big one.
two : because there is no way i would ever consider making a perfectly perfect egg inedible. like no way. when i have kids, we’re using fake eggs. i refuse to not eat the egg.
next week i’ll have one easter project for you guys, but it won’t be an egg project. don’t get me wrong though, i still admire beautiful easter egg projects, so here are my favorites!
ONE / TWO / THREE / FOUR / FIVE / SIX
it’s almost that time of year when you express your love in a big way on the day they tell us to. i am big into valentines cards when they’re not too girly or cheesy — so here are some of my favorites.
01 / 02 / 03 / 04 / 05 / 06 / 07