i finished my taxes yesterday, so i’m feeling very very ready for the weekend. i’m assuming everyone else did theirs like… weeks and months ago?! well good work. we’re sttttill working on the wedding invitations and the website, so i’m going to try to spend as much time actually finishing those this weekend as i can. it is SO hard to design for yourself, but it’s especially hard when it’s your wedding and nothing feels perfect enough, for our vibe and personalities and all that we have to consider. but we did lock down how they’ll be printed! hope you have a lovely weekend!
01. i was obsessed with birkenstocks when i was a kid. everyone at camp was replacing their adidas sandals with them, and i had to have some. so i subscribed to the catalog and would daydream about my own pair. i finally got some and never took them off. when birks started coming back a few years ago i was like “BLEGH” but i’ve now seen them on enough cute people that i want some again. this is how it works right? very easily brainwashed.
02. denim + triangles. i mean. so naturally i want this throw blanket.
03. the perfect beach / farmers market / summer / vacation bag ever.
04. i want every hanging planter i see, but especially love the color blocked yarn accents on this one.
05. who doesn’t need a pretty new notebook? well, probably me, but still i can want them.
i ALWAYS want new stuff for the house, i don’t think there will ever be a point in my life where i wouldn’t be totally willing to purge everything and have a shopping spree at west elm. but right now with the wedding looming, it seems wrong to buy anything new for the apartment. but i want to so badly. here’s everything that i think about pretty regularly.
01. as comfortable as our office chairs are, i really hate that they’re black for the most part. it was my bad. the office would look so much cleaner with white shell chairs (or these if i’m feeling nice to our butts). and when i say cleaner, i mean cleaner because there is crap everywhere.
02. i reeeally want a new rug for the bedroom. right now we have a cowhide that doesn’t reach our feet, i’d love for the room to feel a little warmer with a big chunky simple rug.
03. i’ve been saying we need lamps/sconces for a while now. still haven’t done it. and every time these onefortythree sconces come back in stock, i debate it until they sell back out. maybe i need to just DIY, right?
04. we have a docksta table, which i am ok with, but it barely fits four peoples plates. i’d love a big dining table for sprawling out my craft projects – because honestly that’s all i use the dining table for.
05. i’ve always wanted a butterfly chair, and i’ve never gotten a butterfly chair. not sure why. just one of those things.
06. you’ve seen our shelving unit, but you don’t know that it’s a pretty big eye sore at this point. i mean, i still like it, but i do kinda miss the bare walls. we want to move after the wedding, so it’s not worth taking down probably, although i mean, we’ll have to take it down at some point anyway, right? would be so nice to just see a simple cabinet with the tv at this point.
friday came fast for me this week, yesterday after our couples therapy (yep, we’re trying to be smart about getting married and going to couples therapy weekly) we were rear ended super hard while stopped at a light. so we’re taking it easy today to make sure our necks aren’t hurting too bad. it’s supposed to get warm this weekend, so we’re going to head down to the lake and take the pedal boats out! i’ve finally convinced the boy it will be fun. hope you have a great weekend!
01. i’ve seen cheesy specialty keys i’ve wanted in hardware store, but i’ve never seen ones this rad.
02. i am SO getting this little rug for the bathroom.
03. a lovely little ceramic cup i want ten of.
04. ever seen france, i’ve been wanting a pair of these. almost every woman i saw was wearing them.
05. i saw this jungalow hanging planter yesterday at west elm (the local section) and it’s amazing.
06. this claire vivier tote would be the perfect work bag.
did you know it’s friday?! i have about nothing planned for this weekend. it’s pretty nice when i don’t have to do 100 errands. hope yours is good!
01. i HATE the amount of space a bedside lamp takes up. i would much rather fill it with empty glasses of water and controllers. get sconces you say? well, i haven’t. but this faceted wood bulb lamp seems pretty teeny tiny. and also amazing.
02. i just talked about only filling my closet with essentials, and that means a nice pair of nude flats.
03. i tried registering for this super lovely wood flatware set, gid say no go. GUH. pretty.
04. ez of creature comforts is selling this new pineapple print. also comes as an iphone case. almost put both on here.
05. guest towels is one of those things i always want a newer prettier version of.
06. my sunglasses hurt my head when i’m in traffic too long. seriously need a new pair.
YAY! it’s the first spring weekend! although that also makes me have a mini panic attack every time i think of how soon that is to the wedding – but whatever.
this weekend i’m doing some wedding stuff, i’m also having my portrait taken by kate miss! i am so excited to finally have a photo that i like of myself. get ready sidebar. you gons get updated. HOPE YOU HAVE A WARM WEEKEND!
01. looove the colors of this simple little ceramic pot.
02. i kinda want a pretty portable speaker in every room of the apartment.
03. vintage fisherman sandals. GIMME.
04. measuring cups are one of those things i never end up updating. my plastic ones are shit.
05. enough with the copper already! i know. except oops — just planned two more copper DIYs. then i’ll be done.
06. love everything young frankk - these earrings are killer.
OH! and check out this monday morning with me over on mint love social club.