happy friday! today is an especially happy friday for me — because we’re driving out to the desert to see hall & oates perform! at a casino. my favorite type of concert because they’re always small and intimate and awkward and filled with old drunk people. i have seen h&o live maybe 6 times before — and i won’t stop. i love em so much.
hope you have a fun weekend too! if you aren’t, because you’re going through a breakup, here’s my favorite hall & oates breakup song. i’m always here to help.
01. another woven tapestry from urban that i want?! ugh.
02. love this little round cutting board so much. shall i register for it?
03. always want a new weekender bag because i have a soft spot for cute weekenders.
04. a lovely throw i could wrap myself in all day when i refuse to get dressed.
05. i’m not into placemats, but these fringed ones are so far from rigid like most placements seem to me. placements = rigid?
06. as always, i want baskets i can throw junk into. it’s a real fetish of mine.
HAPPY VALENTINES DAY! hope you have some fun plans that don’t involve crying or crazy expensive pre fixe menus! today’s wish list is the girliest pinkest and reddest stuff i could find that i actually like!
we’re going to see the calder exhibit this afternoon, followed by my favorite burgers, followed by bill cosby live. i’m gonna be pooped.
in other news — next week we are releasing TWO NEW BLOGZILLA THEMES! who’s excited? we are. hopefully you are too. stay tuned!
01. well, urban is now selling macrame and wall tapestries. duh. and duh — unfortunately i’m way in.
02. i only like orange scents in the kitchen, but who couldn’t use a pretty kitchen candle?!
03. this sweet little pastel planter looks so good with bright greenery.
04. i’m not one to wear sexy underwear (i buy mine in packs at h&m) — but for the right occasion…
05. this little embossed pouch in my favorite color shade would look so good with all white or all black.
06. this wild flowers phone case is girly but so pretty
valentines day is next week — and while we probably won’t be exchanging gifts with a million things on our plates right now, here are some simple gifts i’d be ecstatic to open.
01. in love with these wood grain cups — i’d stick my toothbrush in there in a heartbeat.
02. better late than never, julia kostreva makes the prettiest day planners. what a better way to stay organized.
03. i wear thin band rings everyday, but this ring is such a tiny way to add a little oomph to those other ones.
04. the perfect essie nail polish for the winter (and the spring and the summer and the fall)
05. i want a custom return stamp for invites and thank you cards – how amazing is this one by sycamore street press!?
06. i’m always in for a handsome and simple candle. there really isn’t an easier gift.
unrelated, but also :: check out what kissing looks like from inside the mouth. it’s GROSS.
well i’m having trouble trying to get back into the swing of things! but how can i get the blog back to normal without doing a payday wishlist today?! i must say – taking a couple weeks away was a very nice break! i normally spend most days worrying about the blog, worrying about what my next post will be, worrying about going to the craft store… i think my 2014 resolution should be to TRY to stop worrying so damn much. which is great timing if i’m planning a wedding this year. totally realistic!
hope you have fun weekend plans! i’m going to actually get some DIYs going and we are going to vegas for the night on monday for gideon’s xmas present – i got us front row seats for penn and teller!
and now — things i didn’t receive for christmas!
01. love this ticking stripe blanket, this plus some crisp white sheets? perfect bed i’d never want to leave.
02. i have no idea why i haven’t plugged the trigger and just bought this planter for myself yet – it’s perfect.
03. love anything julia kostreva designs, how about this marbled calendar in limited edition of 100?!
04. i love any dish that looks handmade, but a whole set?! all i can see is registry registry registry now.
05. someday my kitchen will consist of nothing but wood & marble. this cutting board is a good start.
06. i usually can’t wear any sort of heel, but i think i could walk like a total human in these tiny ones!
friday came fast this week — i’ve been a little overwhelmed with all the holiday everything. while being consumed with blog ideas, i haven’t even had a chance to think about christmas shopping or getting OUR tree yet. it is driving me nuts seeing all the trees getting decorated on instagram! but hopefully, we’re getting one this afternoon! we’re also have a birthday dinner tonight for my brother at one of my favorite pasta joints. we’re also participating in a chili cook off. definitely my first.
we’ve been avoiding putting the heat on in our apartment for weeks now because our bill gets so high, but i did it yesterday and am proudly no longer shivering. probably for the best. hope you have a great weekend!
01. i am one of those people that buys playing cards every time i travel – you can’t have enough decks. how cute are these ones?! i’m a sucker for salmon colored anything.
02. they look like toms. but they’re leather. therefore i could wear them and feel like i dressed up. love.
03. i’m all about the huge drapey clothes – the more like a potato sack i look, the better. i want this jacket.
04. i love the shape and pattern on this narrow vase, how cute would it look with some simple roses?!
05. love this baggu drawstring bucket bag, it’s small but big enough to hoard too much in.
06. there’s something i love about lace tablecloths – it’s kinda … grandma chic? so i was so excited to see this.