i think we all have someone special in our life that’s a total homebody, i like to think of myself as wearing many hats — and g and i most definitely wear homebodies hats. so i wanted to round up some cozy and practical gifts for staying in.
01. most homebodies also want to keep their home tidy, so this book is the perfect inspiration to do so. and if that’s not their thing, heres another good book to gift for the TV binge watcher.
02. a chunky beautiful throw blanket is something i definitely want for christmas.
03. a beautiful porcelain teapot paired with some teas is the perfect gift for the tea drinker.
04. the most gorgeous aroma diffuser ever. a gift they may have not even known they wanted.
05. for the music lover, a very cool + affordable record player, paired with vinyl they’ll love.
06. homebodies take baths, that’s just a fact, probably.
07. gift them a cast iron waffle iron along with waffle mix + syrups – here’s my favorite syrup ever.
08. we all want a pair of cozy slippers for the winter, and don’t you dare deny that.
09. in case they don’t already own cards against humanity…
10. a quirky pillowcase or two for their bed or sofa. i want these for our guest room.
11. the most beautiful water filter of all time makes the perfect gift because we all drink water.
with the holidays coming up real quick, i assume we all want to spruce up our space for holiday entertaining. so today i’m sharing how to upgrade an empty wall with a unique no-fuss gallery wall.
i personally find most gallery walls to be a little… stiff. so i wanted to create one that was a little more organic and unexpected – and EASY.
before i reveal the entire house (i haven’t taken all the photos yet ok?!), i wanted to show you the studio in it’s “before” state. i think it was originally a tuff shed of some sort, but it was expanded onto. it’s about 300 square feet in the backyard and wired with electricity.
there’s a lot to do before i can really work in here — so i’m hoping to try to get this stuff done before the new year, but we’ll see how that goes.
the holidays are around the corner, so it’s time for holiday gift guides! up first is the host(ess), someone who i pretend to identify with, but really i just like to collect nice things for the parties i plan to have someday. these gifts will guarantee you’ll be invited over asap.
01. a beautiful brass bottle opener to keep on their bar cart or coffee table
02. and because everyone wants a pretty coffee table, i’m in love with these geode coasters
03. a beautiful scented ceramic candle, you can’t go wrong
04. a unique wood chopping or serving board
05. a set of beautiful linen napkins
06. a water carafe that’s a perfect addition for their guest room
07. bone cheese knives that would make a perfect gift along with some cheese and bread
08. gorgeous drink rocks for gorgeous cocktail making
09. a quirky (+ sexy) planter that’s a perfect conversation piece
10. marble trivets, because who wouldn’t want marble trivets
11. soap so beautiful you wouldn’t want to unwrap it, but it’ll look gorgeous in the bathroom
so how was your week?! i know i’ve been in and out – but i’m coming back for real, soon. now that we’ve moved in, i see how quickly you can spend money on monotonous little details, like we needed a new doorbell – so i spent hours looking at doorbells. and obviously found the best one ever. i’ve spent so much time researching squeegees, window shades, ceiling fans, mailboxes, all these super fun things that make me realize i’m like, a boring grownup now.
the house is almost unpacked, well the living room and kitchen and our bedroom — but the other two bedrooms are basically just filled with boxes. hoping we make some progress this weekend in between a friendsgiving dinner and a whole bunch of house errands. i’m also gonna do a house tour for you asap even though it’s filled with things now. and i’ll start showing you our plans too! hooray! have a great weekend guys!
⋅ well this guy must get a lot chicks
⋅ for sure worth being fat for
⋅ cute handwritten canisters
⋅ love this cozy little house tour
⋅ adorable little dummies
⋅ just bought this and now i swear by it for quick zit removal
⋅ at least they were both super nice about this
⋅ want this right now, and also on thanksgiving
now that we’re settling into the new house, i’m already looking around and obsessing about the things i want to change. we have two bathrooms and they’re both in need of facelifts, but luckily they’re both pretty large in size and could easily accommodate double sinks (which is something i’ve always fantasized about… i don’t have to get annoyed when i see husband beard hair and husband toothpaste remnants).
i’ve already been researching tiles, sconces, sinks, vanities — and i’ve noticed how insanely expensive sink vanities are, and even more importantly, how few are really that pretty like the ones i see on pinterest, maybe because the best ones are custom made (i do really love the price and look of this ikea sink cabinet though). anyway, here are my favorites.
[ IMAGE ABOVE VIA ]
i think you guys are fully aware how much i love mud cloth. i finally scored an authentic mudcloth tapestry at a flea market in paris, but now that the holidays are around the corner, i’ve been wanting to incorporate some into our holiday table because they add so much character to some otherwise plain napkins. keep reading